Under the direction of the maintenance supervisor, the harvest mechanic is responsible for but not limited to performing equipment diagnostics, repairs and adjustments to all onion and garlic harvest and related equipment.
Harvest Season Responsibilities:
- Responsible for pre-harvest, garlic harvest, onion harvest and planting equipment maintenance to include routine repairs and preventive maintenance (service all equipment, equipment fabrication, operation adjustment to insure efficient operation, replace worn parts, modify parts/systems, trouble shoot all harvest equipment, red tag harvest equipment that is determined unsafe or inoperable, etc.)
- Must be able to travel with the harvest.
- Maintain company assigned vehicle in good working condition.
- Field to field equipment diagnostics including, hydraulics, electrical, engine & air conditioning.
- Completion of weekly expense reports and time cards.
- Completion of monthly vehicle report.
- Abide by DOT regulations.
- Proper use of company radio.
- Comply with company safety regulations
Harvest Down Season Responsibilities:
- Conducts overhaul and prepares harvest equipment for the next year’s harvest season.
- Other routine maintenance related activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete assessment and repair of equipment systems including, hydraulics, minor engine repairs, 12v system & air conditioning.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Experience — Presently working as a Journey level mechanic with a minimum of 2 years experience as a mechanic. Diagnostic/troubleshooting experience preferred. Acceptable levels of experience in Diesel and gas engines, welding/torch, hydraulics, heavy equipment, etc., are desired.
- Language Skills — Ability to read, and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to train on the use of diagnostic equipment/tools. Minimal ability to write in English routine maintenance reports or correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills — Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability — Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to troubleshoot and interpret diagnostic codes.
Harvest equipment, welders, torches, fabrication equipment, and hand tools.
Note: this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Olam provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.